“You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.Nor do they light a
lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all
in the house.Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and
glorify your heavenly Father.” – Matthew 5:14-16
What is the purpose of Young Adult Ministry?
To connect people in their twenties and thirties; single, married, divorced, or widowed;
and with or without children to God, the church, and their peer community to further
support and nurture their faith.
· Service – to the poor, the religious orders, the parish community
· Prayer – Mass, Liturgy of the Hours, Taizé
· Faith on tap – with DRVC Young Adults
· Social outings – Trivia Nights, Sip ‘n Paint
· Professional Networking
· Diocese of Rockville Centre Young Adults Facebook Page
· New York City Catholic Underground
· The Catholic Fellowship of Long Island Facebook Page